Parental Leave

This is just ridiculous...I did a search for parental leave in Canada, I just wanted to see the difference between the US and our neighbor. I found information on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_leave United states is the only country on the list that does not offer any paid time off. Every country offers either a percentage of paid leave for a maximum amount of weeks. I am in shock and dissappointed that the country I live in is so inconsiderate. The sacrifices a mother/father has to make after the birth of a child and to add none absolutely NO financial assitance, not from the employer (if you work) nor the government. And we say we're the land of opportunity.... I dont like getting political, but in my opinion for a nation so advanced in all areas why are we so behind on the care of human beings? Not just the mother and father, but in healthcare in general!


Im sorry if I'm ranting i just had to let that out, what better way than on my blog. I know you're use to my scrapping and photos, which I promise I will go back to posting in the next few days. Just bare with me. My new baby boy has me emotional... I hope you too realize how ridiculous the lack of care to our people is. It's absolutely unfair!

Nohemi

0 comments: